For answers to additional questions, please call 1-800-289-8580 to discuss.
Many conscientious companies and organizations shred proprietary information and excess products or materials. Industries that regularly shred include:
- Financial Services
- Health Care
- IT/Data Centers
Shred Right works with any size business, even individuals, to professionally and securely handles their destruction needs. View our list of corporate services for more information on the services we provide.
According to NAID, everyone – business owners to homeowners – has reason to shred:
- Identity theft and information-based fraud is the fastest growing crime in the U.S.
- The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that you give up ownership of information when it is casually discarded — meaning tossed in the trash bin.
- Investigative reporters can legally use dumpsters for easy-to-find headlines.
Some Shred Right customers must shred certain types of information to comply with the law, including the HIPAA, Gramm/Leach/Bliley and the Economic Espionage Act. Others shred materials to protect their customers, or employees, privacy and to prevent identity theft. Many companies also shred materials to safeguard proprietary trade information or valuable client data.
What can be shredded?
Secure shredding is not just for paper anymore. Most shredding operations are designed to primarily shred paper, when sensitive information resides on computers too.
Technology changes fast. As computers are replaced in offices, they not only need to be disposed of properly, but the information that resides on the hard drives and external disks could be considered very sensitive and should be disposed of appropriately. With identity theft still the biggest and fastest-growing crime in the United States, secure information destruction will continue to be a growing concern for businesses.
At Shred Right, just about anything can be shredded. Both our mobile on-site shredding system and off-site exclusive Shredding Vault™ are certified to shred product, hard drives and paper.
IT and Media
CD-ROMs, tapes, optical discs, computer hard drives and other electronic, digital or magnetic storage devices.
We can shred almost any product through our mobile on-site or off-site shredding vault services.
Paper of any kind – including old books, outdated manuals and product literature.
Giveaway items from your tradeshow. Expired imprinted bottles. If it’s plastic, we can shred it.
There’s a shredding event happening near me. Is there a limit on what I can bring?
Most of our events that are listed as “Public” are free for the community for between 1-5 boxes of material, unless otherwise stated on our event calendar for that specific event. You can also contact the hosting organization for further information on what they’d like to allow for shredding.
What’s a destruction policy?
Many companies have set destruction policies to clarify what should be shredded and to what specifications. A policy might define how often a company shreds documents and what procedures to follow.
What is our secure chain of custody?
With locked containers, no curious employee, janitor or passerby can access confidential information. Once we arrive to shred your material, the chain of custody remains unbroken until you receive a Certificate of Destruction.
- Staff: Only employees with the highest security clearance retrieve your material.
- Security containers: Specially designed security containers help prevent unauthorized access to collected material.
- Shredding Vault™: Our secure Shredding Vault™ contains high capacity shredding equipment that passes material through a cross cut, two-way shredding system, processing up to 35,000 lbs of material per hour.
- Guarantee: A certificate of destruction guarantees your material has been destroyed in accordance with NAID AAA standards and practices. Once your material is shredded, we follow our Green Smart disposal guidelines to keep the material out of landfills and ensure the material is recycled at a licensed facility.
Are you insured?
Shred Right holds a $1 million blanket dishonesty bond. Shred Right carries a $1 million errors and omissions insurance policy. Our staff goes through rigorous background testing including fingerprinting, federal criminal records review, district criminal records review, driver’s license records review, and ongoing drug testing and criminal background checks. They also sign a confidentiality/non-disclosure agreement.